Friday, July 29, 2011

Super Mom

I am not a mother and the closest experience I had to being one was helping my mom take care of my young brothers.  I must admit it is crazy hard so I don’t blame moms who hire help. However, having been raised by a very hands-on mom is still the best option for me.

In this day and age when help on raising kids is very much accessible, it is hard to achieve the crown of being a SUPER MOM. There are many who label themselves as one but only a few actually deserve it. 

Let me share with you my TOP 3 SUPER MOMS:

Sheryl Salazar Regalado
Sheryl and I have been friends since we were 8 and when she exchanged her Hello Kitty stationery with my Kerokerokeroppi set, we swore we'd be best friends forever! LOL! A dentist by profession, she works at Paradigm Dental Models as an Administrative Sales Manager. Juggling between a career and being a mom to her 4-year old son Ramiel is a tough job, specially in the U.S. where household help is not readily available. But knowing Sheryl, it's nothing a super mom like her can't handle!

(Photos taken by Ramiel's dad, Heber)

Anna Pazcoguin 
Having undergone Chemotherapy at 18, the doctors said there was a big possibility that Anna will never have children. Surprisingly, she had 4! She's mom to Ralph (14), Louis (11), Robin (9) & Stewart (6). Miracles do happen and it was a miracle well deserved! After raising her 4 boys with no household help, she decided that it’s time to build a career of her own. Last April, she graduated from a 4-year Nursing course and while taking a break from school, she is now playing Architect / Interior Designer to build her 4-storey dream home.

Anna with husband Nides celebrating Mother's Day 2011
(Photos taken from Anna's Facebook page)

Susan Bondoc Tirona
 I'm biased you might think, but let me tell you why my mom is the #1 Super Mom in my book. A mother of 6 children: Me (33), Tom (31), JE (30), Anna (28), Jolo (17) & Victor (13), we seldom had permanent household help. She's a super maid, super yaya, super cook, super teacher, super wife. Name it! My mom does it all! Add super nurse to the list since my sister was diagnosed with Lupus when she was 10 while I have Tetralogy of Fallot. Motherhood is a lifetime job indeed! And with all these roles she is continuously taking on, she never complained.


Mom in one of her travels
Mom being Lola Ganda


4 comments:

admin said...

welcome to the wonderful world of blogging ;)

I am my husband's wife said...

Thanks for the inspiration Kooks! We go way back from you creating my Friendster account for me to influencing me on blogging...love it! (",)

Donna said...

love it. please continue blogging...Misyah!

I am my husband's wife said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for reading! Miss you too!