Thursday, August 30, 2012

Asbestos and Cancer

It's such a wonderful surprise to know that someone who aren't family or friends actually read my blog! Last week, Heather Von St. James reached out to me so I can share with my readers her advocacy to help find a cure for mesothelioma. According to www.mesothelioma.comMesothelioma is an aggressive cancer affecting the membrane lining of the lungs and abdomen and the primary cause and risk factor for mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos.




Heather was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma three months after giving birth to her daughter Lily Rose. I am not a mother but I can just imagine how distressed I would be to know that I might not be able to see my daughter grow up. In her blog, she shares her journey through her battle with mesothelioma cancer.


Heather before her Extrapleural Pneumonectomy Surgery (EPS)
I have been in and out of the hospital several times in my life too. I have been in the regular room, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and even the Telemetry of Makati Medical Center and I know first hand how difficult it is to be in a situation wherein you are not in control. I am full of energy and I plan ahead but what my mind wants to do, my body sometimes cannot handle. It is frustrating most of the time and it's a daily battle with me but all I can do is trust that God will do what's best for me. Read more about Heather's battle with pleural mesothelioma on my next post. Who is better to tell her story than Heather herself!!! I'm excited to tell you that for the first time, I'm having a guest on my blog so watch out for it soon!


- God is truly the greatest HEALER-







No comments: